About Out Of Office
Out Of Office and SOM
Out Of Office is Yale SOM's LGBTQ student organization. We:
- Provide a support system for LGBTQ students within the SOM community
- Provide a social network for LGBTQ SOM students to interact with the broader Yale community
- Work as a general information resource on LGBTQ issues for the SOM community
- Provide recruiting, networking, and other career development opportunities for LGBTQ students
- Foster an open community of gay and non-gay students, professionals, and alumni
As part of our programming we host and facilitate a number of events throughout the year including:
“Straight But Not Narrow” Skit Show: Playful skit show that aims to bring to light issues that LGBTQ people face in the workplace. Written, directed and starring all SOM students.
Community Dinner: Dinner where the SOM community comes together to share personal experiences relating to LGBTQ identity, through "coming out stories," illustrative anecdotes, or reflections on why being a friend to the LGBTQ community is important.
Fall and Spring Retreats: Retreats where club members escape to a nearby destination for a weekend of hiking, barbequing, games, and group bonding.
Fall Outing in Evans Courtyard: Event hosted by Out of Office that brings together the LGBTQ community from all Yale Graduate and Professional schools for an evening of drinks, food, and games at Evans Hall.
LGBTQ Recruiting Events: Recruiting, networking, and career developments events and dinners hosted by companies for the LGBTQ community at SOM.
The Greater Yale Community
In addition to the events that Out Of Office puts on, we are also connected to LGBTQ life at greater Yale. The Office of LGBTQ Resources at Yale provides programming throughout the year designed to bring the entire Yale community together in social, cultural, and academic events. Find out more about them here: